- 2 small punnets of raspberries
- Verbina leaves
- Caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise pods
- 6 cloves
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 oz of butter
- Brioche bread or Waffles – 1 egg to dip in to make French toast
- 2 apples
- Uncooked duck livers or Fresh Foie Gras
- Put a bowl on the stove with the raspberries and 4 tablespoons of sugar, cinnamon, star anise, clove,and a tiny splash of water. Boil well for 20 minutes until you get a spicy raspberry coulis.
- Take the spices from the coulis and leave to the side so that it stays warm.
- Peel apple and cut in thin slices.
- Now put a pan onto heat gently, melt a little butter and fry the apples with 2 tablespoons of sugar and the seeds scraped from a vanilla pod and the verbena leaves.
- Fry the apples until golden.
- To make the brioche or waffle French toast, dip the bread of your choice into the egg and cook as for any French toast.
- Just before serving, fry some slices of uncooked duck livers in a hot but dry non-stick pan. This has to be done quite quickly or else the duck livers will over cook.. Fry until nice and brown on both sides and serve with the vanilla apple, the waffle/ brioche French toast and a spoonful of raspberry coulis.