For me Chocolates and St Valentine’s Day go hand in hand. Chocolate is always delicious as a treat & perhaps the most romantic gift after red roses. As a committed Chocoholic I look for any excuse to cook with and eat chocolate! To make this as guilt free as possible I always share with family and friends.
- 1 lb. of 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 pint of Double Cream.
- 1 big splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon of Flaked Sea Salt.
- Cocoa powder to decorate.
- Pour the cream into a heavy bottomed saucepan over a gentle heat until the cream reaches the simmering stage.
- Remove from the heat and then pour over the chocolate. Stir gently until you have a smooth silky texture.
- Add the Bailey’s Cream Liqueur along with a pinch of sea salt to the mixture. Pour the mixture into a tub and allow to set in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Fill a cup with boiling water and heat a melon baller or a spoon by dipped into the boiling water use this to shape the truffles.
- Coat your truffles in cocoa powder or pistachio nuts immediately after shaping.
- Place on a plate and allow to set in the fridge for an hour. Then share for guilt free enjoyment!