We use lots of this onboard. It is super with goats & sheeps cheeses, artichokes, roast peppers, baked aubergines, any game or as part of a tapas or nibbles platter. Excellent served hot or cold, it can be refrigerated in jars for at least 2 weeks.
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 medium red onions, thinly sliced.
- 350ml Merlot Wine
- 50 ml red wine vinerar
- 70 grams sugar
- Seasalt & Course Black Pepper.
- Splash of Grenadine
- Melt the onions in the olive oil in a deep pot.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the Merlot, grenadine & vinegar bring to the boil.
- Reduce the liquid by about half,now add the sugar & let simmer.
- The marmalade should have a jammy consistency & be a lovely rich purple colour.
- This may take 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour.
- Pack into jars, let cool & store in your fridge.