- 4 fillets of turbot. Delicious also with John Dorey/Brill/ Black Sole
- For the fish cooking broth…..
- herbs- chives, chervil, dill. nasturtium leaves torn.
- 1 tablesp each of roast pepper cocasse( no skin), tomato concasse (no skin),, finely sliced scallions,chopped fresh herbs as above, finely cubed /concasse celery,finely cubes/concassee carrot,finely cubed/ concasse courgette.
- 3 tblsp of pachetta or streaky bacon
- 3 tablspoons of chorizo cubed
- Zest of unwaxed lime
- 250 ml of dry white wine
- 27 gr of salted butter
- Seasalt & white pepper.
- Poach the seasoned fish in a lightish pan with all the above ingredients in the oven approx 5 mins in a 200 celsius heat.
- When fish is translucent remove and rest it will continue to cook so make sure you have not over cooked.
- 2 x good size slices of fresh foie gras seasoned with a spray of rosemary, sea salt & pepper
- On a preheating hot pan-non stick add & cook foie gras until carmelized approx 20-30 seconds,deglaze with 1 tblsp balsamic syrup & remove from heat.
- Broad beans & samphire Salad – blanch, season, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil , black pepper freshly ground & a tiny splash of good quality.white balsamic vinegar & serve warm as a salad under the fish & foe gras.
- Drizzle a little of the cooking liqueur from the turbot with the concasses & herbs & bacon around the assembled dish to moisten the fish & salad this will look great as it will have a slight paprika colour.
- This is a very pretty dish also excellent with any of the the following flash cooked & added to the above salad-Queen scallops, Irish Prawns, Smoked Oysters, or a little white crab meat.