- 1 large bunch of nettles
- 1 large bunch of wild garlic
- 2 medium sized potatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- I stick celery, sliced into small pieces
- 2 cups (1 pint) stock
- 1 cups (½ pint) milk or creamy milk for extra richness.
- Small knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
Some cream or natural yogurt & Wild Garlic Flower.
- Wash the nettles & wild garlic in cold water and drain. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium temperature and add the onions, nettles, celery and potato. Stir to coat the with the butter and ’sweat’ them in the saucepan for about 5 minutes. Now add the Wild garlic – just one minute before the rest of the ingredients are done. The nettles should be just wilted.
- Pour the stock and the milk into the saucepan, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and zap. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with cream or natural yogurt and heads of wild garlic and accompanied by Crusty Sodabread.