- 500g strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet easy-bake dried yeast (or 2 tsp Quick dried yeast)
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp each of sesame,flax ,pumpkin and poppy seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
1. Mix the yeast, honey and yeast with the warm water. Let it rest for a couple of minutes to bubble
2. Mix the flour, butter seeds and salt in a large bowl. Add the warm yeast mixture and mix until it comes together as a soft, not too sticky, dough. Gather it into a ball with your hands.
3. Put the dough onto a very lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 mins until it feels smooth and slightly springy to touch. Pop into an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for approx. 1 hr or until doubled in size.
4. Knock back the dough by gently kneading just 3-4 times.
5. Shape into individual room. Place on a prepared oven tray, dust with flour or just egg. Wash and sprinkle some seeds.
6. Cover and leave for 40-45 mins, or until about doubled in size.
7. Bake at 220C/200C fan/gas 7 for 30-35 mins or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack. If you tap the underneath of the loaf if should be firm and sound hollow.