- 500g strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet easy-bake dried yeast (or 2 tsp Quick dried yeast)
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tbsp each of sunflower, sesame, flax, pumpkin and poppy seeds, plus extra for sprinkling on topMethod
1. Mix the yeast, honey and yeast with the warm water. Let it rest for a couple of minutes to bubble
2. Mix the flour, butter seeds and salt in a large bowl. Add the warm yeast mixture and mix until it comes together as a soft, not too sticky, dough. Gather it into a ball with your hands.
3. Put the dough onto a very lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 mins until it feels smooth and slightly springy to touch. Pop into an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for approx. 1 hr or until doubled in size.
4. Knock back the dough by gently kneading just 3-4 times.
5. Shape into individual room. Place on a prepared oven tray, dust with flour or just egg. Wash and sprinkle some seeds.
6. Cover and leave for 40-45 mins, or until about doubled in size.
7. Bake at 220C/200C fan/gas 7 for 30-35 mins or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack. If you tap the underneath of the loaf if should be firm and sound hollow.